Thursday, June 13, 2013

Daniel is so much better and I am trying hard to recover. I spent the majority of the day relaxing which is completely out of character for me.

I collected a nice first "mess" (typical southern term) of green beans from the garden. I also managed to grow some good peppers and squash. We gave all the green beans to the pastor as first fruits. It is a good feeling to know the Lord will bless the rest and will surely provide even more as it gets tended and watered and showered with sweet sunshine. There is nothing like fresh veggies that you grow on your own. Those pepper seeds were sold to us as green bell peppers. Well, they are NOT. They look like poblano peppers. They have a hotter smell too. I guess I'll know when we try to cook with them.

I tried to take a day to relax because of the upcoming events. We have sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to get ready for. 3 conventions, 2 camps, a trip to Honduras and more! I am very excited to get the ball rolling, but also know that if I don't crash a bit, I will be worthless at anything else.

I'm eager to see the Letcher Family again. The Lord has blessed my family so much with people we love and enjoy being ourselves with. Our own families-The Cox Family and The McMahons are obviously our favorites. We love laughing and being goofy with them. The Letchers are right there among those we enjoy most. We love sharing the Word, fellowship and making new memories together. Hopefully, we will get more opportunities to create those memories as time marches on.

See you later. Have a beautiful evening. I hear storms are brewing everywhere. Be safe and blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for giving my daughter (and extended family) a place to stay during BTI! It is a great blessing! Stephanie allows enjoys staying with you all. I am glad Daniel is better and that you got a much deserved day to relax!

    My mom and dad are starting to reap the rewards of their garden also. Wish I could say I planted one this year... nope! Maybe next year!

    Your Letcher family looks forward to some time with you also! I agree, we have some wonderful times together. It doesn't get to happen enough though!

    Enjoy this beautiful day my friend!!

    ReplyDelete